March 2, 2008

There's something about Urinals

I don't like using public urinals, be it in Cinemas, at my workplace or in restaurants. I use them, I can't do without, but I don't like it.
I don't know how it is in the Womens' "playground" (I'd like to say "I don't want to know, but I do, I really do!), but to use succesfully the Mens' Urinals, one needs to bypass quite a few traps.
First, you can choose between what I'll call the Standing Ones and the Classic Ones (usable by both sexes, although I know some women who used the Standing Ones, usually when they were drunk).
My problem with the Standing Ones is that often, you'll feel your hands peppered by little drops of liquid, which is not the most pleasant experience in the world. Not to mention the fact that if you feel it there, then a good part of your clothes are peppered as well... Then, when you flush, the strength of the water is often too strong, and it's not so much a peppering as a cloudkill spell...
I don't use the Standing Ones unless I have too...
But the Classic Ones? We enter, litterally, the horror territory.
Some men seem to think that they have to mark their territory: why piss in the porcelain? No one will smell your odor and know you have been there. Tread carefully, wet floor <__<;;
Others think about the well fare of our planet: some people must live with 1 liter of water per day, so why waste water by flushing? Very kind of them. I'm sure some of you met the horrors that can lurk in those shallow waters...
And, finally, there are some who... should change something in their dietary habits. They think about flushing, which is good, but then forget to scrub while they are at it.
I'm sure I must sound precious to you, but "Do not do unto others what you would not like done unto you", if I remember correctly (and I'm not the most religious one...).
In the same spirit, flushing tends to release that selfsame cloudkill spell. I personnaly close the cover plate before I do it. Honestly, would you kiss someone or shajke his hands if you knew the amount of filth that can be on them? Think of others and of yourself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment